More and more homeowners are making enquiries about having their block paving pressure washed and sealed. Because block paving is very difficult to clean, and to keep clean, the benefits of having it sealed are now becoming more widely known. Once sealed with Resiblock polyurethane sealer you can say goodbye to having to manually scrape out the weeds between your pavers for up to ten years.
Weeds, moss and algae can grow very rapidly in the soft jointing sand between block pavers, and continuous pressure cleaning is not advisable as it can undermine the sub-base of sand that the pavers are laid on. Over a period of time this can result in movement and a very unsightly looking driveway.
The Drive - Reviver will clean and seal block paving to prevent weeds and other forms of surface growth becoming established. Ant nests and other burrowing insects will be eradicated as they will no longer be able to remove the jointing sand. Block paving cleaning & sealing is usually done in steps over a period of about a week depending on weather conditions:-
1) The surface of the block paved driveway is cleaned using our petrol engined 3000psi high pressure industrial power washer, coupled to our Mosmatic rotary surface cleaner, this removes built up grime using the minimum of water.
2) Spot cleaning of any stubborn stains / marks is carried out using stain remover, a stiff brush and then our turbo lance.
3) Any existing faults like cracked pavers, low spots etc are rectified.
4) Glyphosate weedkiller is sprayed onto any stubborn deep seated roots, weeds or grass. This will kill any remaining weeds.
5) Once the block paved driveway is completely dry, fresh kiln dried silica sand is swept into the joints. The sand acts as a joint stabiliser for the blocks and prevents movement.
6) All surrounding areas affected by the process are cleaned also, including all windows.
7) Optional - Two coats of Resiblock block paving sealer is applied by roller onto the surface of the block paved driveway. The block paving sealer makes the jointing sand hard like cement. This prevents any weed growth between the joints, keeping your drive looking neat and tidy for up to ten years. The block paving sealer filters UV rays, helping to prevent loss of colour over time. It also deepens the colour of the blocks bringing out the true lustre of you surface as shown below on a Kippax drive.